Social Icons

1/07/2011

Faith is a scary word.

Is anyone else a little scared of their word, and what it might bring in 2011? My word is Faith, which doesn't sound all that scary, until I realized the enormity (for a type-A control freak like me) of handing my life over to God's hands and willing that He bring into my life exactly what I need right now. Whether that's something I think I need or not.


A big part of my journey to Faith this year is going to be working towards having faith in myself (and in others). Faith that someone else can take care of my kids as well as I can. Faith that reaching out to people won't always end in rejection. Faith that I am worthy of true friendship, and allowing that to develop.


I found a quote today that I really feel speaks volumes to this topic:
“As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.”   Emmanuel Teney
Definitely something I need to keep in mind as I work on that letting-go of control.


This post is part of a series. Click here to see all posts relating to my One Little Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!