Social Icons

12/06/2010

December Daily | Day 6.


Today was just one of those ordinary December days. Chris & I were both so tired by the end of the day, we decided to get take-out from McDonald's and have a picnic dinner by the Christmas tree. We even put on a Christmas movie to watch while we ate (a rare event in our house).

I don't recall ever watching many Christmas movies when I was a kid, except for some version of Dickens' A Christmas Carol (probably the Mickey Mouse one). And of course Jeff & I lived for the days that the Garfield or Peanuts Christmas specials would air on TV. Back in the days when I actually watched live TV. With commercials. LOL

As an adult, I have become attached to certain Christmas movies and now we have a short list we watch every year. My absolute favorites are National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story. This year, for the first time, we will share A Christmas Story and Home Alone with Hannah. And of course it's simply unthinkable at our house not to have a Barbie Christmas movie! Both of the kids love Christmas movies, old and new. Even the really old stuff like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It always amazes me that even after all these years, and all the innovations in movie-making, that these old films are not just still around but actually beloved by yet another generation.


In our Christmas DVD basket:
  1. A Christmas Story
  2. Home Alone
  3. Barbie in A Christmas Carol
  4. Elmo's Happy Holidays
  5. Shrek the Halls
  6. Mickey's Christmas Carol
  7. A Garfield Christmas
  8. The Santa Clause, and Santa Clause 2
  9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
On our DVR for Christmas:
  1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
  2. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1970)
  3. The Polar Express (I really need to pick this up on DVD, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a widescreen format yet)
  4. Mickey's Christmas Special (premiering this year on the ABC Family channel)
  5. A Charlie Brown Christmas
  6. Frosty's Winter Wonderland (1976)
  7. Disney Prep and Landing
  8. Frosty the Snowman (1969)
  9. Frosty Returns (1995)
  10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original one with Boris Karloff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!