Social Icons

4/03/2009

Welcome, little one.

I'm so happy and excited to say that I finally have a nephew! :) After nearly 24 hours of labor, Aidan Mark was born to my brother Jeff and his wife Erin (bless her heart!) yesterday at 6:45pm. Aidan tipped the scales at 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and measures 20-3/4 inches long. Jeff said Aidan was one among several babies born unexpectedly that night due to a big storm in the area (though Erin was getting close to her due date), but the baby's in good health and sleeping well.

Chris & I are so happy for Jeff & Erin and we wish them all the best in the many (sleepless) days + years to come. Hannah is very taken with her "cute baby cousin" and can't wait to see him. (Unfortunately that probably won't happen until Christmas, and by then he won't be tiny anymore, he'll be a marauding crawler just like her little brother!) William, at 13 months old, is of course much too interested in banging on the computer keyboard to take any interest in the baby photos on the screen, but I do look forward to the day when he and Aidan can play together like the best of friends. I remember fondly the trips my family used to take when I was a kid, to visit my cousins in Fort Worth; though we didn't see them very often I always looked forward to hanging out with my "cool cousins" (who are 5 + 8 years older than I am, and that makes a big difference when you're 10!)


Edited to add: Photos taken April 8th.


In a totally unrelated side-note, I just realized that "tipping the scales" is another one of those phrases everyone says that none of our kids will understand (digital scales not having actual weights on them)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!