Social Icons

2/03/2007

Only the essentials.


Another challenge from Ali Edwards' aeZine, this one from January 17, 2007. It's all about the basics:

What are your essentials? If you had to get rid of everything and just keep a modest amount, what would be on your list? The challenge this week is easy: draft up a list of your essentials. What do you reach for time after time?

I've actually been noticing these things a lot lately anyway, that certain things always end up on my layouts, so this question comes at a good time for me. Here's my list (in no particular order):

  1. Patterned paper. Just about any color scheme, design, or theme – so long as it’s not cheesy. Right now I am loving Basic Grey and American Crafts.

  2. Journaling pens in black, white, and brown. I like the Zig Milleniums in black, but haven’t found a good brown one yet (the Millenium is too light, too red; for now I’ve been using my chocolate Zig Writer). Love the white Uni-ball Signo from Stampin’ Up!

  3. Black and brown ink. Usually Close To My Heart but StazOn is much better for inking photos and stickers.

  4. My camera (and also, my photographs). I like my Canon Rebel a lot but I wish it was digital!

  5. Stupid paper trimmer. I hate them, but I can’t seem to work without one. The Cutterpede from EK Success has worked the best for me so far, but even that's not perfect. (I can't cut a straight line with an Xacto and metal ruler either though, so maybe it's just me... maybe it's my eyes that are crooked... LOL)

  6. Ruler, pencil, and eraser! I believe in measuring before I cut, and I’m a big fan of straight lines, so I really couldn’t do without these essential tools. I’m happy to report I’ve managed to convert several scrapping friends… :) My ruler is clear, my pencil is mechanical, and my eraser is a soft white Staedtler.

  7. Scissors. Love the Fiskars SoftTouch (but I don’t like the new bumpy handles).

  8. Adhesives: Herma, Xyron X150, Diamond Glaze, and Glue Dots of several kinds. Necessary, but boring. I hate spending money on adhesives.

  9. Chipboard. At first I couldn’t figure out what to do with it, now I can’t seem to make a layout without it! I love the lightweight dimension it adds, and all the different ways it can be altered.

  10. Jennifer. How on earth did I ever scrap without the other half of my brain?

  11. Stickers. I’ve never thought of myself as being much of a sticker person but somehow I’ve managed to accrue a huge stash of letter and word stickers. I’m particularly fond of letter stickers from American Crafts and Doodlebug, and I am totally smitten with 97% Complete from 7gypsies!

  12. Bazzill cardstock. The colors I find myself reaching for the most are black, white, Java, Pomegranate, and Kraft.

I don't know if it's a modest amount, exactly (I have a lot of patterned paper! LOL), but these are the things I can't scrap without! I made my layout using only the supplies in my list... Talk about stretching that creativity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!