Social Icons

4/08/2007

Happy Easter.

An interesting day - not our typical Easter.

I left the house at 7:10 this morning to play a gig at Sunset United Methodist Church in Pasadena (1st service at 8:30am, yikes!) only to discover that there was no traffic... highly unusual for Houston, even at that hour... and so I was 25 minutes early. LOL Froze my butt off too, as we are in the middle of an unseasonable cold snap! Since I was playing both services, but didn't have time to go home in between, we had decided that Hannah and Chris would stay home this morning. Weird not to worship as a family on Easter morning. All the little girls at the church in their pretty Easter dresses made me miss my own little girl, and I was eager to get back home. But when I got there at 12:30, I discovered that Hannah had been sick twice this morning and had finally just fallen asleep on the couch. Poor baby. This afternoon she has been napping a lot, sick twice more, and a fever to boot. You can tell just looking at her that she feels yucky. So, no Easter egg hunt in the backyard for bright plastic eggs full of candy and coins; no dyeing the 2 dozen eggs in the fridge shades of soft pastels. Instead of an Easter basket, Hannah clings to a Rubbermaid bucket while I hold her hair. And the washing machine has gotten more of a workout today than my baby, who, at her best, puts the Energizer Bunny to shame.

I guess there's always next year. At least I got my lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!