Social Icons

12/03/2009

December Daily | Day 3.

It's that time of year again.

The time of year when I'm hardly home. But hopefully, I'll have a few extra dollars for Christmas, and that will make it all worth it. Plus, I'll be doing what I love - and affirming who I am.

In the meantime, there's hardly time to breathe...

Monday night I had my regular orchestra rehearsal with the Clear Lake Symphony. Tonight is our dress rehearsal. Tomorrow night is our first Christmas concert. Saturday morning I have a rehearsal for a gig at Friendswood UMC, from 8 to 12:30, then I'll eat lunch in the car while I drive to Galveston. A quick rehearsal at Aaron's apartment, change into costume, and then perform at Dickens on the Strand for a couple of hours. Drive back home in late afternoon, have dinner with the family, and perform our second Christmas pops concert with Clear Lake Symphony that night. Early Sunday afternoon is another performance at Dickens on the Strand, followed by a dash back to Friendswood, another quick change of clothes, and play the gig in Friendswood. No rehearsal on Monday for CLS - we'll be on break for the holidays - but the following weekend I spend all day Saturday in rehearsal and performance with the Brazosport Symphony.

And somewhere in all of this, I have to find time to help Hannah with her science project, finish prepping the Christmas tree so the kids can put the ornaments on it, and help her make a gingerbread house.

Whew!

But as busy as I am, I always try to savor the few moments I find to just sit & breathe... Pray. And be thankful for all my many blessings.
Our quintet at Dickens on the Strand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let's have a conversation!